4th of July fireworks on Hamlin Lake
Fourth of July fireworks on upper Hamlin Lake have long been a family tradition for decades. They are part of the Hamlin Lake culture that we all love and frankly have come to expect. Whether viewing from home, boat, Victory Park, Wilson Hill Park, or wherever you can find a spot, there is just something special about fireworks over the water and especially over our beautiful lake. This year’s fireworks were no exception. A big Thank You goes out to all those who participated in putting on such a wonderful show this year. Your TAX DEDUCTIBLE donations were extremely appreciated and put to good use.
In past years, fireworks have been funded by Hamlin Lake Preservation Society (HLPS) members through direct donations made when renewing membership. Donations received in the current year are used to fund the show for the following year.
Given inflation, supply chain issues and manpower issues, the last couple of years have been difficult.
The cost of acquiring fireworks, hiring certified, qualified professionals, providing for safety personnel, and facilities maintenance is quickly outpacing current donations. At this rate we will experience a funding shortfall for 2023 and will not be able to put on the show you have come to expect and deserve.
In order to secure the 4th of July fireworks show and preserve this long-standing tradition it is imperative that we raise $25,000 by January 2023. If we do not receive the donations needed, we will have to cancel the fireworks for the 2023 season and foreseeable future. Please don’t let this happen!
Your Tax Deductible donations can easily be made in several different ways!
- By going to https://app.autobooks.co/pay/hamlin-lake-preservation-society-1 Be sure to indicate the donation is for the fireworks fund, this is a safe and secure option!
- Mail a check to Hamlin Lake Preservation Society P.O. Box 178, Ludington, Michigan. 49431. The Specific donation is for the fireworks fund.
- Include a donation for the fireworks fund when joining or renewing membership in the Hamlin Lake Preservation Society. The Membership join/renewal form is located on our website in the member area at www.hamlinlake.us.
- By donating to the Community Foundation of Mason County (mason-foundation.org). Be sure to indicate that the donation is HLPS fireworks fund.
- There will soon be a go fund me option as well
Please follow our Facebook page @hamlinlakeforthofjulyfireworks to learn more about what goes into putting on this spectacular show and to keep up to date on upcoming gala events.
Please be generous and Thank you for your support!